Medical devices High mechanical strength, good anti-stress performance and hydrolytic stability shall be ensured under hot water, steam, solvent and chemical reagent conditions for medical devices. Radiation resistance, low particle generation, abrasive resistance and corrosion resistance shall also be guaranteed. As high temperature steam disinfected medical devices, PEEK owns light-weight, non-toxic and corrosion resistant features.
PFLUON PEEK has the following features in medical applications:
- Low elasticity modulus that is close to skeleton, which can prevent stress shielding and allow the surrounding bonds to keep strength;
- Allow x-ray to pass through, invisible under CT and MRI scanning, and it's easy to evaluate the process of bone growth and curing;
- Excellent disinfection property;
- Good BC (biocompatibility): the implant materials should be with no cytotoxicity, mutagenicity and carcinogenicity, and shall not cause allergy.
- Larger design freedom: it's available to be made through machining of semi-finished parts or through injection molding.
- Body skeleton
- Spinal fusion
- Parts of medical instruments
- Analytical instrument
PFLUON® PEEK for Medical field
Recommended grades: 8100G / 8200CF20 / 8200GF20